If you are a person who enjoys the benefits oral supplements offer, you may have noticed a product on the shelves called “ZMA.” ZMA is a natural mineral supplement made up of…
- magnesium aspartate, and
- vitamin B6.
While ZMA is sometimes listed in the testosterone boosting section, it can do so much more.
Zinc is known for its ability to improve male sexual health by protecting the prostate gland. But it is also crucial for its ability to support your immune system and muscles. Food sources rich in zinc include…
- dairy products,
- pumpkin seeds, and
- some green vegetables.
Magnesium an essential mineral…
- helps to stabilize your heart’s rhythm,
- reduce depression and pain, and
- help form the thyroid hormone.
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin naturally present in many foods. It has recently been found B6 has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which means it may play a role in helping prevent chronic conditions such as heart disease and cancer.
A deficiency in vitamin B6 can leave you feeling unusually tired and sluggish.
ZMA, which is the combination of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6, has powerful effects over the body when eaten in certain combinations. While you may take in all three of these nutrients over your day through your diet, it is when you combine them the real magic happens.
So what can ZMA do for you? Let us take a look…
1. Better Sleep. The first change you can expect to experience is better sleep quality. ZMA is known to have sedative effects, so much so it’s said you should take it right before bed. This way, it will help lull you into a deeper sleep.
2. Greater Strength. Second, it also important for enhancing your overall strength levels. Zinc helps to boost testosterone levels, and as testosterone is one of the key driving factors dictating how strong you feel during each workout.
Even women who do not have much testosterone at all, you still do need some to see optimal success.
3. Enhanced Fat Loss. Did you know ZMA may help with fat loss results? While it may not be conventionally marketed as a fat burner, if it does help increase your testosterone levels, this means it is also going to help boost your total daily calorie burn.
Men who have low testosterone levels notice suppressed calorie burn and may begin to see weight gain. So the opposite would also apply.
4. Improved Energy. Finally, expect to experience more energy when taking ZMA. It can help enhance your overall energy level thanks to the fact it contains vitamin B6, which is a powerful energy booster.
B vitamins are excreted from the body every day, so unless you are taking sufficient levels, it is probable you will fall short and the result will be you feeling sluggish.
ZMA is a supplement strongly supported by clinical research.
Anupam Ghose, a physician by training, was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) in 2017. After the diagnosis of T2DM, he followed a low carbohydrate high fat diet and reversed his T2DM within a year. Now he has one main goal in life. Yes, it is to make people understand that the conventional method of treating T2DM is not beneficial. The best way to reverse and fight T2DM is through diet and lifestyle modification. He decided to help people suffering from T2DM in their new journey by offering consultations and working together with them in order to achieve a T2DM free life.