It's a common belief that fasting is an unhealthy way of losing weight. We are also told that we should be having some light meals every 2-3 hours. But somehow, it's not really working, is it? What if I tell you that 'Eat Stop Eat' is a way of intermittent fasting, that would make you lose weight, without losing any of that muscle?
If you are reading this, then you may already be a true believer of Eat Stop Eat and how it is simply amazing! And the below pointers may help to make this innovative form of intermittent fasting even easier.
- Don't believe the myths. You will have not have a muscle loss, and your metabolism won't slow down. Your weight loss will be pure fat loss and not water or muscle loss and you won't lose strength. Just stick to whatever instructions are given in Eat Stop Eat, and you are good!
- Start your fast after dinner. This way you will already be halfway your 24 hours fast when you wake up. Say for instance you had you dinner at 8pm on Sunday, you slept at 10pm and woke up at 7 am. You can again have dinner the next day at 8pm.
- Drink plenty of water. Fill your stomach with water, or an empty will make you hungry. Tea & coffee (without cream / sugar) are also okay. Even diet soda is okay (as mentioned in the book).
- Break your fast with normal size meals. Have the same kind of meal you'd have if not fasting. So no big meals or junk food. Remember you not trying to compensate for the fast. And eat slow.
- Never break your fast due to hunger. Self discipline is pivotal. Always focus on what you are trying to achieve, and let that drive you.
- Brad Pilon stresses not to fast more than 2 times a week. That would cause too much calorie deficiency, and we don't want that. 1-2 times a week is what is Brad Pilon has asked for.
- Do it for at least 2 months. The fasting gets easier after 2-3 weeks. Count at least 2 months to fully adapt and experience all the health benefits of eat stop eat.
In general, the book is easy and fun to read. It has a number of scientific case studies to support it. In addition, the flexibility the approach offers allows you to stop stressing about what and when to eat. Also, product shipping is no pain because we are talking about an e-book, so you could be anywhere in the world and benefiting from this!
Anupam Ghose, a physician by training, was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) in 2017. After the diagnosis of T2DM, he followed a low carbohydrate high fat diet and reversed his T2DM within a year. Now he has one main goal in life. Yes, it is to make people understand that the conventional method of treating T2DM is not beneficial. The best way to reverse T2DM is through diet and lifestyle modification. He decided to help people suffering from T2DM in their new journey by offering consultations and working together with them in order to achieve a T2DM free life.